You might not know this, but Shadow IT can be lurking within your business, and there’s something you can do to stop it.
But first, what exactly is Shadow IT?
Shadow IT is when your employees bypass internal IT resources by using their own systems, software, applications, etc. without your oversight. This can become a big problem, especially if you don’t have an IT department.
The RISKS your business can face with shadow IT:
- Most solutions aren’t enterprise-level,
- Employees must perform maintenance by themselves,
- Your business can fall behind by not evolving with technology,
- The IT department cannot correct issues and threats they are unaware of,
- Not evolving can slow down productivity, innovation and employee morale.
- Your data can become vulnerable to malware, hackers, viruses, and other forms of threats.
There are mainly two options to prevent this from happening:
- Enforce stricter rules and restrictions on what forms of IT your employees can use; which can hinder productivity.
- Evolve your business along with technology and take advantage of the many benefits.
We can increase productivity and efficiency within your business by implementing secure strategies using IT. Your business will be safeguarded against even the biggest threats while every corner of your IT is brought to light.
BENEFITS of having an IT provider:
- Have expertise, knowledge, and control of your IT,
- Control and security over every access point,
- Enterprise-level solutions,
- Risk management,
- Monitoring over all potential security threats,
- Fast-track approved technologies,
- Increased productivity with safe BYOD and cost-effective cloud solutions.
Your employee morale will overall improve as we create proper authentication, authorization and accounting mechanisms to redirect your employees to safer alternatives. Control is crucial when it comes to your IT, every single aspect must be made aware and accounted for. One slip can be devastating.
Gain back full control over how your IT works for you. M.I.T. Consulting will make it happen. You can contact (416) 250-–1040 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to speak with one of our IT specialists immediately.